Dallas Museum of Art
1717 N Harwood St, Dallas, TX 75201
The Dallas Museum of Fine Arts relocated to this site in 1984 and changed its name to the Dallas Museum of Art. Medellín visited the DMA at least twice; first in 1985 to visit the exhibition "Lone Star Regionalism: The Dallas Nine and Their Circle," which featured several of his works and many others by his contemporaries in Dallas. The second visit was in 1997, just two years before his death, when he gave an oral history about his career and time at the DMFA for the DMA Archives, and visited some of his works in the Museum’s collection. The DMA is proud to have organized "Octavio Medellín: Spirit and Form," the first museum retrospective of Medellín’s work.